Monday, February 14, 2011

The best sweethearts

I should wonder, and stop before I start

But then again, why again, I’ve had the best sweethearts

Should I shy before I begin

Curl the smile, give way, the slow dimpled grin

I’ve been the most fortunate.. oh wait

Perhaps more have they been, (I chuckle)

I watch you happy, flowing on guided by beautiful fate

I’ve prayed nothing less, in your life blessings sparkle

Amazing two, cherished relationships so few,

Was I fortunate to have the ‘bestest’ of loves

A rose petal kissed by soft, early morning dew

No endings perched in a ring, turtle doves

We’ve turned backed looked at images drawn in sands

We’ve smiled as the waves reached over

Took away time from our joined hands

Linger & cherish, the extra moment… we hover

Hearts of gold, He made them, dearer He holds

An upset me, over again, Father a story of old

I’ll question You, for what reason & need

Planted each time, new blooms from a love seed

How can you be, all in one, the most wonderful

The Master favored you, set you apart

And to Him I’m ever grateful,

Let you steal my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment