Saturday, February 19, 2011

Your Love has kept me

When the day wears on, disturbed emotions it brings

When time trickles in, the cords of melancholy it sings

When the seconds become heavier, as the moment it passes

When life mocks you, its endless farces


A troubled spirit, a journey down trodden

Fate has it, it seems, all misfortune begotten

Tears roll down, your forever companion,

A lonely one, a lonely daughter of Zion


Temptation prowls on, its pleasures so fair

Sin dances her finest, twirls a beguiling lair

Chanting in melody, charming seduction

O’ to give in, fall into her slow persuasion


A suffocated body, emotions welled up

Desperate to break free, give up this cup

Tear down my mind, body and soul

I am before Thee, a drained out begging bowl


Gentle a glance, gaze down upon me

Withered am I, unheard moan, a distressed plea

Tears no more, there’s only so much

Your Word, Your promise, a feeble hand efforts to touch


Sent down Your angels, in tender care lifted me

Gathered together, placed safely in the bosom of Thee

Sight the Cross, pinned to it all my sin, grief and cry

The world’s was taken over, what was I?


His miracle He calls, If you were the only one

On the rough tree, I’d do for you, all that was done

Long before time began, I have loved you dear

Borne within Myself, I have cried your every tear


Your love for me is eternal, more than my life can behold

Your moments planned for me, in Your likeness to mould

Sheltered and protected, from life’s trial & strife

Your promise never to forsake, Your love has kept me.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jesus for forever being there.. Your love keeps me from falling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well constructed - You needn't have hidden this one

    ReplyDelete